House Construction Process
House is an important element of our life, and its construction is a long process, Hence it required three things, better design, good materials, and efficient manpower.
Following is the process of house construction in the Indian context.
- Hire a Good Architect and get your dream house design prepared. (One of the best architects is RS Design & Construction in Bhilai)
- Get your layout approved by Local Authorities (Municipal corporation, town & also country planning, etc.)
- If you don’t have time to involve in the construction process of a building or a house, give it to a contractor with the material.
- If you have time, then hire a good labor contractor, it is not advisable to hire a contractor just because of less price, always check the contractor work before hiring
- Further processes are for the Labour contract.
- Arrange Electricity & water supply at the site.
- Create a Storeroom for Cement at the site, if plot it at remote location hire a night guard.
- Put your effort and do research at the market for good material at a reasonable price, for eg:- buy a brick from Eta Bhatti instead of building material shop
- Purchase material as per your contractor’s requirement and let labor do the work under Architect supervision.
Point to remember:
- Never pay your labor contractor in advance.
- Always hire an architect and take his supervision service.
- Prepare a detailed expense and material list. If you have computer knowledge do it in an MS Excel sheet.
- Keep taking photographs of the building frequently.
- Regularly visit the site and ask the architect as many questions as you can regarding construction, and implement it at the site.
- Ask your architect to provide written instruction during the site visit.
Different stages and components of house construction in india
This content covers basic stages or house construction steps of new design and construction. whereas we will see the different stages of house building in our country. Among the help of different stages of building, gradually you may plan your building project in an efficient and better way. Our aim is to provide you a better knowledge about construction in a simplified manner. Also in a simple line, we tell you ” from the start of house construction to take new keys to your
1. Site preparation
To make an apartment and building a house step by step, firstly you know about your land. your land is good or not and identify the land according to your choice and also take advice from architects those you know you very well. You also know all the moments of earth level at this time.
The construction sites are usually prepared by different types of steps firstly vegetation is cleared and secondly, the surface layer of soil is removed. Thirdly Cutting down all the trees. fourthly clearing the sites and lastly remove all the trees stump. It is an indirect need to your land must have legal. If your land is illegal then you can’t construct a building in that land.
2. Floor slab
The next step is the floor slab. another name of the floor slab is plate slab and fingering slab. It is a reinforced concrete slab with a minimum thickness is 5cm to 6 cm. It is a type of semi-precast component that includes the lower slab reinforcement that is required for giving a structural reason. The new term ‘floor slab’ usually refers to a floor that has been formed using concrete (and generally steel reinforcement) and may form some part of the structure of a house that you are preparing.
3. Framing – Wall & Roof structure
After completing the floor slab the next more and most exciting stage of building a house has come in building construction is Framing. The meaning of Framing is fitting together pieces for giving structure support and shape. Different types of Framing materials are usually wood, engineered wood, and structural steel. The alternative method to frame construction is generally called mass wall construction.
Building framing is divided into two types,
- Heavy-frame construction (heavy framing) if the vertical supports are few and heavy.
- Light-frame construction (light-framing) if the supports are more numerous and smaller.
In India, many different types of construction available, and this stage will vary different slightly and depending on your particular method of house construction. Those you want to make.
After completing the framing (roof and wall Structural) the roof will be made waterproof. Accordingly, the meaning of roof is the top covering of a building and house, which also includes all materials and construction necessary to support the wall of building and construction. On upright, and protects all the things that affect your building like snow, rain, sunlight, extreme temperatures, and also wind. A roof is a part of building protection.
5. External finishes
After completing the roofing, the next step is external finishes. Actually, the external finishes depending on your types of house construction methods. Just as important they provide you decorative finishes or effects. Which adds to the appearance of the surface of the material.
The external finishes does commonly applied:-
- Dry mortar
- Metal cladding
- Stone cladding
- Ceramic tiles
6. Windows and Doors
After a short time completing external finishes and the next step is to make the doors and windows. Furthermore, that makes the building fully watertight and protected from the material that allows the builders to start the construction.
Different types of doors are present here,
- Framed, and paneled door,
- Glazed door,
- Flush door,
- Louvered door,
- wire gauged door.
Different types of windows are present here,
- Ultimiting the sliding windows and double-hung windows.
- Then the pivoted windows.
- casement windows.
- Later on possibly the sash windows.
- Lantern windows.
- Last in gable windows and skylights.
Lastly, the choice of windows and doors depends on which type of room would you like most and also depend on the budget.
7. Rough Ins
After making the door and window the next step is Rough-In. Electricians, plumbers, and mechanical are brought in. This type of stage of construction is also known as Rough-In. The Rough-In executes can only start once the walls and the floor are partially built. They won’t connect the pipes and cables to the live process until the construction process is completed. until the rough-in complete, the walls and floors can’t be finished.
8. Internal finishes
After installing cables and pipes, the next step is internal finishes. After all, in the meantime, the internal wall finishes and floor also finishes.
some internal finishes are,
- Plastering, filling, and painting work.
- In short the paper-hanging facility.
- Now the construction of lightweight walls and ceilings.
- Construction of bathrooms and saunas Installation of parquet.
- Moreover the installation of doors and windows in a proper method.
- Electrical work.
After internal finishes the next step has come that is carpentry. To do carpentry is very difficult to work because it needs a highly skilled trade and craft which is doing a primary work performed is the shaping, cutting, installation of house and building process during the construction of buildings. During this stage, we do work on furniture such as kitchen cabinets, bedroom closets, skirting boards, doors, and windows are also added this time.
10. FF&E Fit-out
The full form of FF&E is fixtures, fittings, and equipment that has no permanent connection to the structure of a building. It the last major stage of building construction. This includes desks, chairs, tables, bookcases, computers, electronic equipment. your electrician and plumber will come back and install your chosen light, switches, a power outlet, and faucets, sinks, toilets, shower, and other wet systems. Lastly, you received a delivery of a washing machine, fridge, water heater, inverter and led television.
11. Practical completion
After completing fixtures fitting and equipment. Also, gradually the next step is practical completion. It is the point at which a building project is almost complete except for minor defects. Practical completion of a project is a huge commercial and legal importance of building construction. Similarly, the practical completion date during which the operational period of a project disposition is started. It is having several contractual and legal implications. the employer must have to pay a percentage of any retention monies (usually 50%) to the contractor. This is a final chance to discuss/debate/argue on building construction.
These are the most important moments that you wait for a long time. this is a time the builder gives you a new key of your new house, new building, and new office after completing the practical completion. It is a very big moment in your life also a big moment in your family.
India is a very big country and the stages of house building in India will vary from state to state/ region to region. Now you are knowing a different stage of house building with systematic and manner way from starting to end. And also we hope after reading this article you can’t search again about the different stages of building construction.
If you are still reading this then it means that you are looking for a house contractor. Moreover, you can also check our plans & services.