Location: Naya Raipur, India
Constructed area: 44,700 Sqft
Plot Area: 22,000 Sqft
The project Involve the construction of 44,700 sqft of five-story Office space with a basement for parking & services. CGSWC office is located at Sector -24 of Naya Raipur. It’s the new headquarter of the State warehouse in the new capital of Chhattisgarh. The Design concept behind deriving the building form is Swastika, to keep it simple and stable. The four rectangles all in four directions create an equilibrium of form. Also, it gives a modular form to the building and hence various modules are placed in four corners of the building floor wisely. Construction work of the CGSWC Building was completed in Dec Feb 2019. The total Cost of the project was approx. 12 Crore.
Full information about CGSWC.
We would like to tell you about firstly what is CGSWC. CGSWC is Chhattisgarh State Warehousing Corporation. (CGSWC) is a Government sector company in India. They have branches and regional head offices all over the country. To fulfill the requirement of staff CGSWC recruits personnel from all over the country. They conduct exams to recruit the vacant places in CGSWC.
Now CGSWC has invited a recruitment notification for all the eligible candidates who are willing to join this company. Job seekers must read this recruitment notification or advertisement and apply for the recruitment. We are telling you about CGSWC by following:-
- SITE TERRAIN AND PLACEMENT OF BUILDING BLOCKS.
- SITE APPROACH.
- BOUNDARY WALL, GUARD ROOM & ENTRANCE GATES .
- INTERNAL ROADS.
- SURFACE PARKING.
- SALIENT FEATURES OF BUILDINGS.
- AREA CALCULATIONS.
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN .
- FLOOR PLANS.
- GFC DRAWINGS.
- STRUCTURAL CONSIDERATION.
- BUILDING SERVICES.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.
- HVAC SYSTEM.
- PLUMBING WORK.
- RAINWATER HARVESTING.
- WATER SUPPLY.
- FIRE FIGHTING SYSTEM.
- FIRE HYDRANT SYSTEM.
- PUMPING SYSTEM.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
SITE TERRAIN AND PLACEMENT OF BUILDING BLOCKS
- The CGSWC site is rectangular in size. There is another site on the North-Western side of the plot.
- To the northern side, there is the green belt which acts as a buffer between proposed plots for buildings and the alignment of the canal.
- Main approach to the site is on the South Eastern side of the site.
- Site is accessible from two sides South Eastern & South Western side.
- Service Entry is 18m wide on the South Western Side.
BOUNDARY WALL, GUARD ROOM & ENTRANCE GATES
- 1.5m high boundary wall above ground level is proposed in brick masonry and finished with a combination of Stone Cladding as per selection and MS grills on all 4 sides of the site.
- There is 2 entry proposed for the campus, Both entries have 6 m wide entrance gate.
- On the main entrance gate, there is a 1.2m wide wicket gate.
- There are 5m wide carriageways around the building block. These roads shall be bituminous road and consists of:
– 25mm Semi Dense Bituminous Macadam over
– 50 mm Dense Bituminous Macadam over
– 150mm Water Mix macadam over
– Granular sub-base of 200mm over 500mm subgrade.
- Road Drainage – The roads are sloped to 2.5% and there is a drainage channel along the roads.
- Surface parking is provided on the site to cater to the parking requirements especially for visitors and the handicapped. Total
- There are car parks provided finished in grass pavers to allow for water percolation into the ground.
SALIENT FEATURES OF BUILDINGS
- Drop-off points are given to access the building. The drop-off points are visible from the entrance gate.
- The main entry/exit to the site is taken from the South East side of the 12 m wide approach road abutting the site.
- Service Entry to the site is taken from the South West side of the 18 m wide road.
- Although the building is placed parallel to the plotline, the main openings are kept on North and South facades to allow only glare-free light and cut heat gain.
-PLOT AREAS & BUILDING CONFIGURATION
• Plot Area = 2044 Sq.m.
• Permissible FAR = 1
• Permissible Ground Coverage = 25%
• ECS = 1.67
-Floor to Floor Height:
- Ground Floor, Second Floor & Third Floor are 3.6 m floor to floor height.
- First Floor height has been kept 3.3 m floor to floor height.
- The proposed site is located on Jhangh Village Sector- 24, Naya Raipur.
- Main approach to the site is from a 12 m wide road on the South Eastern side of the site.
- There is a 13m setback on the South-Western side and 6m setbacks on the rest of the 3 sides. Setback areas are utilized for providing roads, greens, and parking areas.
- There is a service drop off at the rear side of the building to access the kitchen etc
-GROUND FLOOR PLAN
- The entry to the Ground floor level is through a double-height colonnaded Verandah which leads to the main reception and waiting area, which is also a double-height area.
- The Ground Floor houses mainly public areas like the laboratory, canteen, Receipt & Dispatch, Store, etc so that they can access easily without disturbing the privacy of senior officials.
- There is a central atrium around which all the four modules are placed.
- The core areas are kept on the SE side so that major opening does not come at eastern and western facades.
-FIRST FLOOR PLAN
- The First Floor houses Accounts and Construction department so that they can be used independently.
- Other common facilities’ like Library, Record room, Stationery, etc. are also placed on this floor.
– SECOND FLOOR PLAN
- On Second Floor, four different departments are placed in four different modules of the building.
- It comprises of Personnel Department, Technical Department, IT and Commercial Department.
- For each department, a cabin with an attached toilet has been designed for the HOD, with a waiting area and cubicle for PA.
- Also there is space for workstations of support staff
-THIRD FLOOR PLAN
- On the Third Floor, there are office spaces for top officials in 3 modules and a common meeting hall in the fourth one.
- It comprises of offices of the Chairman, Managing Director, and Secretary.
- For each office, a cabin with an attached anteroom and toilet has been designed, with a waiting area and cubicle for PA.
- Also there is space for workstations of support staff with the Secretary office and individual meeting rooms for Chairman and MD.
-BASEMENT FLOOR PLAN
- The First Floor has a parking area & a Services area mainly.
- Both 2 wheeler & 4 Wheeler parking provisions have been given.
- Driver’s restroom also provided in Basement.
Total 164 GFC drawings including Architectural (64), MEP (65) & Structural (35) were issued.
STRUCTURAL CONSIDERATION OF CGSWC
CGSWC comes in Seismic zone II and the same has been analyzed and designed for an earthquake by STATIC ANALYSIS FOR BUILDING LESS THAN 40M as stated in IS:1893-2002. Structures are analyzed as space frames and the design of beams & columns has been carried out using standard software STAAD PRO. Foundations and slabs are designed using spreadsheets for the results taken from the STAAD analysis.
The foundation system is designed for the actual safe bearing capacity available at the site. A net allowable bearing pressure of 27T/M2 at 4.5m for raft & isolated foundation is considered as per the soil report. The water table is also considered in the design.
Latest and world-class services are provided in CGSWC buildings. The following features are incorporate in projects.
– ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Latest and advance Electrical system is provided in CGSWC and the following parameters are considered in the building including Incoming HT Supply, HT Distribution, Electrical Substation, Bulk Fuel Storage, LT Panel, Power Factor Correction, MV Distribution & LT Metering, Emergency Power supply, Earthing of electrical installation, Lightning Protection, LED Lightings, LV System, Data and Communication System, Fire Detection, Public Address System & CCTV. Relevant IS codes and NBC 2005 are followed for designing.
Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRF/VRV) System is provided in CGLVS & CGSWC projects & there is the provision in NRDA OC. Various buyers including Rajya Van Vikash have installed the VRV system on their premises in NRDA OC.
Plumbing works Since Naya Raipur has 24 hours water supply and sewage system, building water supply and sewer is directly connected to the NRDA system. All toiles has the latest & modern fixtures including Wall mounted EWC with concealed dual flushing cistern, Oval/Round counter below washbasin with single lever mixers/ single hole pillar tap, Wall hung Urinal bowl with infra-red sensor-operated flushing device, Accessories like toilet paper holder, soap dispensers, towel dispensers, and hand drier.
Two pipe system is proposed as per IS code of practice for soil, waste pipes above ground (IS 5329-1969). b) EWC/urinal wastes are connected to soil pipe and external sewer manholes directly whereas waste pipe from shower/ WB/ sink is connected to floor trap and through an external gully trap to external sewer manholes. Internal waste pipes from appliances are of GI pipes to IS 1239 class B// uPVC pipes to IS:4985 and all internal /verticals in shafts waste/soil pipes are spun cast iron pipes to IS 3989/ uPVC pipes to IS:13592 type B for soil waste applications is installed. The sewer line is connected to the existing main sewer line connecting the centralized S. T. Plant (Sewerage treatment plant of NRDA). External underground pipes are SW pipes based on design parameters with a minimum dia. of 150 mm.
-Rainwater harvesting system
Rainwater from the rooftop and open terraces collected in vertical drop pipes connected to external road gully chambers. Rainwater from hard/road areas was also collected into road gully chambers. Road gully chambers are connected to common external SW manholes and through oil traps/sedimentation chamber to recharging pits for a best of zero discharge outfall. However, an overflow from recharge pits is provided to allow an outflow in City’s main external drain during heavy shower in monsoon
-Water supply works
A system is provided to feed the terrace tank with the help of a normal mono block transfer pump in the pump room and level controller for automatic operation, and a pressurized hydro-pneumatic pump on the terrace to get adequate pressure at end-use wet points. A dual water supply for domestic and flushing use is provided.
-FIRE FIGHTING SYSTEM
The use of the building is for the commercial complex to fall under classified Group E for height above 15 m and less than 24 m for NRDA OC & CGLVS. CGSWC falls under 15m below the height category.
-Fire hydrant system
Wet risers are provided with an internal hydrant firebox at locations for a covered area of not over 960 M2 at each level. Each firebox is provided with 1 no. hose drum with the rubber hose,2 nos. single-headed landing valve,2 lengths of 63 mm dia. hose with male-female coupling, branch pipe,16mm nozzle, and fireman ax. Each Down comer is also connected to a breeching inlet for access to fire personnel in case of failure of the system network.
Electric hydrant pump, diesel pump & Jockey pump with motor control electric panel at pump room level are provided. And we are also provided to electric pump for water curtain. Pipeworks internal, external and pump headers are heavy grade MS pipes with internal exposed pipes duly painted and buried pipes covered with PYPKOTE tape.
Fire extinguishers are provided at locations as per IS code and requirements. CO2 gas type (4.5Kg.), water-based CO2 (9 liters.), and clean agent type (5 Kg.) capacity at appropriate locations as of IS code 15683:2006 standard are used. All fire extinguishers are conforming to IS standards.